About Coromandel Discovery
The Coromandel Discovery Coastal Walkway Tours have been operating for about 25 years, and have gained an enviable reputation. We put our resources and expertise into Day Tours of the remote Northern Coromandel Peninsula, rather than offering multiple tours of different areas, so you know you are having the best and most authentic experience.
Gavin and Leanne Jeffcoat are the new owner/operators. Their family have lived on the Northern Coromandel Peninsula for over one hundred years. Gavin and Leanne are passionate about the area and are excited to share this very special part of New Zealand with visitors. Their busy site at 105 Wharf Road, Coromandel Town is also home to their bike hire, sales and service business, Bush e Bikes.
They are assisted by Barbara and Warren who between them have worked in the Northern Coromandel for over 30 years. We know the roads, we know the locals and the history.
Allow us to show you this stunning part of the New Zealand landscape.
We drive a Toyota Hiace 9-seater minibus, which gives a very comfortable ride, has full seat-belts, good leg-room, and twin air-conditioning for your comfort and safety. Our window's are UV treated to prevent sun glare.
At Coromandel Discovery we aim to:
- Provide our visitors with an excellent service and an awesome experience while demonstrating we are responsible citizens of this earth, caring for people, the community and the environment.
- Be recognised both within New Zealand and internationally as being a leader in our industry in relation to sustainable practices.
- Be the operator of first choice for clients and staff who have an environmental conscience.
- Ensure we comply with all relevant environmental legislation, and commit to developing robust environmental policies, procedures and other records.
- Continue to develop our New Zealand Sustainability Commitment in terms of the Economic, Visitor, Host Community and Environmental aspects of our business.
- Achieve Qualmark Certification.