Coromandel Coastal Connection - Hike & Bike Options
Two Days/One Night - Inland trails, coastal roads and our hidden gem, the Coromandel Coastal Walkway.
It's time we created something for everyone! Ideal for couples, team building, social clubs or like minded groups looking for adventure.
Day One With Options: Jump on the Coromandel Discovery minivan as we drive up the unexplored eastern Coromandel Peninsula with its contrasting coastlines and isolated villages. Set off on your self guided Coromandel Coastal Walkway hike or bike from Stony Bay, a 10 kilometre scenic journey that travels an old bridle path once used by early Maori and European Settlers. Enjoy lunch at the Lookout with its spectacular views to Great Barrier Island and Beyond. Pass through a large coastal sheep and beef station at the tip of the Peninsula with its own private bays and beaches.
The second part of the day has two options-
- Cycle the 35 kilometre section around the top of Cape Colville and down along the pohutakawa lined coast road beside the Hauraki Gulf; or
- you may prefer to stay on the minivan and we will drive you via the same route to your Colville accommodation.
Regroup at Colville at your night's accommodation, Colville Bay Motel.
Day Two: The last part of the journey also comes with two options. Either a 26 kilometre tarsealed section along Colville Road with its secluded beaches and beautiful sea views or ride the Tokatea Trail along the ridgeline through remote farmland, pine forest and native bush. The views are amazing!
NZ$399 per person (two person minimum). Price includes:-
- Minivan tour to the start of the Coromandel Coastal Walkway. You may choose to hike or bike the Coastal Walkway - please discuss.
- One night's share twin accommodation. Two person minimum applies.
- Two day's hire of a quality european Gepida electric mountainbike from our sistership, Bush e Bikes.
- Bike accessories e.g. helmet, pannier, maps, hi vis, bike lock.
- Bike transport all taken care of. And yes, please contact us if you prefer to bring your own bike or hire a standard mountainbike.
- All your gear delivered to your accommodation.
Meals are as follows:-
Day One: Please bring a packed lunched and water for the Walkway. This can be purchased in Coromandel only a short distance from our base. Dinner and dessert included with options available at time of booking.
Day Two: Continental Breakfast with fruit, yoghurt and toast provided to your motel unit. Lunch can be purchased from Colville before departure.
Bike Experience/Fitness Level: We would recommend this self guided tour is suitable for intermediate cyclists with average fitness. Off road riding experience essential. There is a steep 300 metre section in and out of Poley Bay and other small areas that require dismount and bike portage.
Please contact us for a detailed itinerary. Flexible options also available to tailor a package to suit you. Available 29th September 2019 to 24th December 2019 and 1st February 2020 to 5th April 2020.
Merchant fee applies of 2.8% to all credit card transactions.Inquire Now